Your Home Pavilion: Uses & Styles
For homeowners who are serious about crafting a true luxury outdoor space, a home pavilion is the in-demand accessory. Pavilions provide full shade coverage and add a unique luxury look to any deck or patio. We’re exploring the most-popular home pavilion styles and the most-common ways that we’ve seen them put to use.
At The Backyard Showcase, we’re an Amish builder of high-quality backyard structures, such as pavilions, pergolas, gazebos and more. Not only do we ship our products nationwide, but we also want to help homeowners design the backyard of their dreams. Today, we’re exploring home pavilions — so read our blog for some inspiration or start shopping for your pavilion right now!
How to Use a Pavilion on a Deck or Patio
While there’s no question that a pavilion looks absolutely gorgeous, it can offer much more than just the attractive style. Your pavilion can enhance the way you, your family, and your guests use your outdoor space. These are some of our favorite ways to use a pavilion on a deck or patio:
- Covered Outdoor Kitchen — For all the grill-masters and home bartenders out there, this home pavilion use takes your game to the next level. One of the most popular ways to use a pavilion is to cover your grill or bar, providing it with the feel of a private restaurant. Not only can this keep you barbecuing for hours at a time without getting a sunburn, but it creates a one-of-a-kind ambiance right on your deck or porch.
- Small Seating/Reading Area — A pavilion can be the perfect way to set aside an area of your deck or porch for some secluded time. Cover a corner area of your space with a small to medium sized pavilion and you can create the perfect small conversation space or reading nook.
- Covered Hot Tub — Use your hot tub anytime — even in the rain, when you cover it with a sturdy pavilion. Chances are pretty good that a hot tub will be one of the centerpieces of your whole deck or patio, so it makes sense to outfit it with a gorgeous pavilion.
- Formal Outdoor Dining — Even if outdoor cooking isn’t your thing, we’re willing to bet you love outdoor dining. Provide cover to a table and chairs on your space with a pavilion to create an elegant and formal feeling dining room — that provides you shade while you eat. The size of the space determines the size of the home pavilion you’ll need.
Want to see more amazing outdoor living projects? Check out our gallery!
Most Popular Pavilion Styles
If you have an idea of how you’ll use a pavilion on your deck or in your backyard, the next step is choosing the style you like best.
Our most popular options for home pavilions are:
- Standard Style — This ever-popular style features a lower roof slop and a fairly simple style. The standard style is the main one featured in this blog. However, if you want to add extras like a cupola you have plenty of room to customize it.
- Double Roof Pagoda Style — A more ornate type of home pavilion, this design features a namesake double roof that makes it extra fancy.
- Hex Bell Pavilion — A rare but gorgeous option, hex bell pavilions have a unique footprint and a standout bell shaped roof. Truly a one of a kind option.
Get Your Home Pavilion Quote Today
If a home pavilion is the finishing touch your deck, patio or backyard has been waiting for, you’re in the right place. At The Backyard Showcase, we custom build dream pavilions for homeowners all across the country. Whether you want a small pavilion for an outdoor reading nook or a large pavilion for your outdoor kitchen, we’ll build it for you.
The first step is to reach out to our exterior designers to talk about your project and get a custom quote! Contact us today to start the conversation!