Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion Inspiration
Ready to transform your grill or cooking station into a Pinterest-worthy outdoor kitchen? We have the X-factor your space needs: a handmade pavilion! An outdoor kitchen pavilion has the ability to pull your entire outdoor space together — and that’s just what we’re showcasing today.
At The Backyard Showcase, we custom-craft backyard structures like pavilions, pergolas, and gazebos that bring your dream outdoor living designs to life. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting everything you need to know about getting an outdoor kitchen pavilion for your backyard including designs, materials, and inspiration. Keep reading to get pavilion outdoor kitchen ideas — or reach out to one of our designers to get started building your own!
Pavilions with Outdoor Kitchens Beginner Info
During the warmer months, there are few things your family loves more than cooking and eating your meals outside. This is why countless homeowners choose to make their grill or outdoor dining area the star of their backyard. So, whether you’re building your covered outdoor kitchen structure from the ground up — or you’re simply looking to accessorize with a pavilion outdoor kitchen — we want to help.
Here are some key things you need to know about pavilions with outdoor kitchens :
- Use the Right Material: We build our outdoor kitchen pavilions using both vinyl and wood, and each material is right for different applications. For example, if you’re planning to place a pavilion over a charcoal grill, you’ll want to opt for a wooden pavilion rather than vinyl. That’s because the charcoal grill smoke can stain the ceiling of a white vinyl pavilion! However, wood pavilions often come standard with gorgeously cinder-stained ceilings. On the other hand, if you have a gas grill, either option is open to you.
- Make Your Grill a Year-Round Cooking Feature: While an in-line grill pergola may be a purely style feature, the right pavilion outdoor kitchen can definitely be a practical choice. By keeping your entire cooking space covered with a leak-proof roof, you can enjoy a flame-grilled dinner even if it’s raining or snowing.
- Have Good Ventilation for Your Grill Pavilion: This is another practical point to keep in mind for charcoal grill fans. When you’re choosing the style for your covered outdoor kitchen structure, make sure you pick one with built-in ventilation to make cooking more comfortable. We recommend selecting a pagoda roof or an add-on cupola!
- Outdoor Dining Rooms L: A pavilion is the perfect choice for an outdoor dining area. Nothing creates the feeling that your backyard is a really an exclusive restaurant like sitting under an elegant outdoor pavilion design.
- Size for Bar Seating: We’ve heard it from customers time and time again: their outdoor kitchen pavilion becomes the centerpiece of their yard — whether that was their original plan or not. After all, if you have cool shade and a hot grill, it’s a natural place to hang out. That’s why we recommend sizing your pavilion to be big enough to include a bar or comfortable seating. Just another way that the right upgrade can turn your backyard into your favorite hangout!
- Plan for Privacy: Keep privacy in mind when crafting a covered outdoor kitchen structure that will serve as a part-time oasis. If you want to host secluded and intimate gatherings in your backyard, that sense of privacy is essential. See our privacy pergolas right here!
More Covered Outdoor Kitchen Structure Ideas
While this blog is all about designing outdoor kitchen pavilions, they’re just the tip of the covered outdoor kitchen structures iceberg. At The Backyard Showcase, we build even more unique outdoor structures that could be perfect for your needs.
This outdoor structure is a Backyard Showcase original and it combines the sleek beloved style of a pergola with the full coverage roof of a pavilion. Pair one of these with your grill for an attractive aesthetic and practical protection from the elements.Shop the Holiday Shadow
This ambitious all-inclusive structure can be the perfect complement to your outdoor kitchen and dining room. This roomy, full-shaded covered outdoor kitchen structure would be the perfect venue for a full-size backyard kitchen and accompanying eating area. Once again, the Field Contemporary is a 100% custom creation of the designers at The Backyard Showcase.Shop the Field Contemporary
Custom Design Your Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion or Pergola
When you’re ready to get started planning your custom outdoor kitchen pavilion or other structure, our team is here to help. No matter your style goals, your budget and your current backyard, you can absolutely transform your space with one of these gorgeous custom pavilions for your outdoor kitchen. When you’re ready to have a conversation, reach out to our designers for a no-obligation consultation and quote!