Pergola Add-Ons: Custom Posts, Roofs, & More
How you’ll use your pergola and where you’ll incorporate it in your backyard space is totally unique. That’s why we offer a whole catalog of pergola add-ons to help you design the show-stopping piece that matches your needs and your outdoor aesthetic. These options are available with every single pergola we craft — see some of the most popular choices right here!
The Backyard Showcase is an Amish pergola builder that crafts luxury pergolas made of vinyl, pressure-treated lumber, and cedar. One of the benefits of working with a dedicated custom craftsman like us is that we work with you to design something all your own that is a better fit for your home and your personal décor preferences. Check out these in-demand pergola add-ons and start planning your custom piece!
Popular Built-In Pergola Accessories
The style potential of a pergola is nearly unlimited when you consider all of the ways to decorate it and to design a space around it. However, in today’s blog, we’re highlighting the pergola accessories that you can order built-in with The Backyard Showcase structures. Explore five of our favorite add-ons that provide shade, privacy, and more:
- Privacy Wall — The last thing you want when enjoying your backyard retreat is the feeling that you’re being watched. Privacy walls are an accessory that can turn this stylish structure into a privacy solution that’s even better than a fence. Whether you want a wall on one side or multiple sides, you have the option to choose from partial walls, full coverage walls, or beautiful lattice walls. If a full wall doesn’t fit your style but you want to incorporate a unique looking profile, consider one of our other pergola accessories: decorative lattice corners.
- Specialty Posts — While the walls that make our privacy pergolas are a more practical pergola add-on, this one is all about expressing your sense of style. When designing your piece, you can choose between one of numerous post styles that give the whole pergola a stronger sense of style. You can upgrade to tapered, column-style posts, stately square posts, elaborately carved decorative posts, and many more options. All of these post types look absolutely gorgeous and enhance different design styles.
- Roof Options — There’s no question that the signature open roof of a pergola is a key part of the style that makes it such a popular outdoor design trend. Of course, that’s just one option when building your pergola. Many homeowners choose pergolas with a full roof that offers complete protection from the sun and rain. Of course, a lattice roof is another pergola accessory that creates a truly fascinating style profile.
- Floor — Some of the best outdoor living spaces naturally blend the feeling of inside and outside. Adding a floor to your pergola creates this impression like few other add-ons can. We provide floors in matching materials to our pergolas, so you can choose from vinyl, cedar, and pressure-treated lumber.
- Custom Colors — Perhaps the most essential custom choice you’ll make when designing your pergola is the color. The unique hue and shade of your piece will make it stand out or blend in with the color of your home and your other outdoor touches. Our wooden pergolas will have a broader range of color choices, since they can be painted or stained in a wide spectrum of different shades. Of course, our vinyl pergolas have less options, coming in both elegant white and gorgeous almond.
Feeling inspired? Talk to our designers!Get Started
Also Building Pavilions, Gazebos, & Cabanas
Pergolas are just one of the luxury outdoor structures that we build for homeowners all over the country. If you like the sleek look of a pergola but want even better protection from the elements, consider a backyard pavilion. However, if you’d like a classic sitting area in your backyard, we recommend one of our beautiful gazebos. Of course, if you want to bring privacy and the ability to get changed poolside to your area, one of our dedicated cabanas may be the right choice for you.
Whatever you choose, you can count on the same high-quality Amish craftsmanship. All of our structures are hand-built by experienced builders in a true Amish-country workshop. This is why all of our pieces look gorgeous up-close and at a distance — and they stay that way for decades!
Get a Quote on Your Piece & Pergola Add-Ons
The first step to designing your dream pergola is getting in touch with our team. Whether you’d rather fill out a form or give us a call, one of our designers is standing by to assist you with designing your custom piece complete with your favorite pergola add-ons. If you’re local to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, you can also visit our outdoor inspiration center to see our pieces in person and to talk to an expert!