Why Are Pergolas So Popular?
An outstanding X-factor for your deck, patio, or backyard, pergolas have become one of the most sought after luxury outdoor structures of the past few years. Plus, this trend shows no signs of slowing down, with more varied pieces being installed every day. Why are pergolas so popular and what exactly can they do for your backyard? That’s exactly what we’re exploring in today’s blog.
At The Backyard Showcase, we build a wide range of luxury outdoor structures from the ever-popular pavilions to trendy pergolas and even perfect poolside cabanas. Not only do our pieces look attractive, but they provide lasting benefits to the outdoor spaces they accessorize. Learn more about why pergolas are so popular — and check out the full list of benefits that will convince you to bring one home today!
6 Benefits of Pergolas
Pergolas didn’t become so in-demand by accident — it’s all about how they transform backyard spaces. The benefits of pergolas range from the practical to the stylistic. These are the 5 key benefits that one can bring to your backyard:
- Multiple Materials and Looks — From clean white vinyl to rustic heavy wooden timbers, our pergolas are available in multiple great materials. Not only does each material come with different practical advantages, but they can determine the look of the space — either rustic or classical! The variety of different (equally exceptional) styles is certainly one of the answers to the question, “Why are pergolas so popular?”
We compare wood and vinyl pergolas right here!
- As Much Shade as You Want — While a standard pergola will have a primarily open lattice top, you can always add more shade if you need it. We offer pergolas with retractable sunshades as well as fully covered roofs. The ability to tailor the pergola structure to your exact needs is another essential benefit of a pergola.
- Sleek, Vertical Profile — One of the most-effective uses of a pergola when designing a backyard space is for providing an attractive vertical flourish to an otherwise flat space. That can look like accessorizing a large sundeck with the tall profile of one of these structures. On the other hand, a pergola can provide a key focal point for a sprawling backyard. Simply put, for many large flat spaces, a pergola is the ideal finishing touch.
- Huge Size Variety — One of the reasons behind the popularity of pergolas is that almost any space can accommodate one. That’s because you’ll find a wide range of pergola sizes sure to fit your design. Whether it’s a small 10’X12’ pergola over a grill or a large 12’X20’ over an outdoor dining room, you can find the right dimensions for your needs and your space.
See the most popular sizes for pergolas and pavilions.
- Potential for Privacy — In addition to the option for shade, another practical pergola benefit is that they can provide solid privacy for your backyard. To accomplish this, we build dedicated privacy pergolas complete with solid and lattice privacy walls.
- Work in Any Space — One of the answers to the question “why are pergolas so popular” is that they can do almost anything and work in almost any space. For example, a pergola is the perfect structure to make your grill feel a little more like an outdoor kitchen. Of course, a pergola works just as well in creating a secluded seating area or a luxury poolside retreat.
Looking for inspiration? Check out our favorite backyard living spaces of 2020!
Custom Build Your Pergola with Us
All of these benefits of pergolas make them such a great piece to bring home to your deck, patio, or backyard. If you were wondering why are pergolas so popular, we hope this blog (not to mention the beautiful backyards) answered your question. If you’re ready to build your own custom pergola, our team is standing by to help.
The first step is to work with our skilled outdoor designers to finalize the perfect piece for your space and your style. Next, we’ll provide you with a turnkey price to build and install your gorgeous new piece. Contact us to start the conversation — and to get your quote!